Avant Tecno KTM gains five positions off the start at Aragon Grand Prix, finishing 21st in the race.
This morning at Motorland in Aragon, one of the toughest weekends of the season for Niklas Ajo came to an end. Despite trying his best, the Avant Tecno KTM rider was unable to find a comfortable enough feeling to mount one of his trademark comebacks. The young Finn finished 21st in the race –the last before the flyaway series of GPs.
Starting from the ninth row of the grid, Niklas Ajo gained five places on the opening lap. The 19 remaining laps saw a constant struggle for him in a group of eight riders, all with their eyes on a points finish. Niklas Ajo tried everything that he could, but eventually had to settle for 21st place in a contest won by Spaniard Alex Rins.
With thirteen races completed, Niklas Ajo will embark on the flyaways with 43 points to his name, in fifteenth in the Moto3 standings.
1. Alex Rins (KTM) 40.04.214
2. Maverick Viñales (KTM) +0.426
3. Alex Marquez (KTM) +12.377
4. Luis Salom (KTM) +16.416
5. Miguel Oliveira (Mahindra) +16.496
21. Niklas Ajo (Avant Tecno KTM) +48.796
Moto3 World Championship
1. Luis Salom (KTM) 259 points
2. Alex Rins (KTM) 250 points
3. Maverick Viñales (KTM) 247 points
4. Alex Marquez (KTM) 149 points
5. Jonas Folger (Kalex KTM) 129 points
15. Niklas Ajo (Avant Tecno KTM) 43 points
Niklas Ajo >> Audio (English) // Audio (Finnish)
”The race was like the whole weekend, very difficult. All the Grand Prix it has been tough, the bike was going well but I was not able to ride better. The team have worked very hard and we just lacked feeling comfortable on track. I need to analyse this and keep it in mind for the future. I should have been fighting for the points today. I tried to overtake some riders at the end, but I could do no more.”
*Audio solely for radio use