Moto3-rider Niklas Ajo will start on Sunday for the season´s fourth GP held at circuit of Bugatti in Le Mans, France from fifth row. 17-year-old Finn made his fastest lap of 1.58,563 on wet track gaining 13th place. The result was second best of the season for Ajo. He qualified fifth at opening GP in Qatar.
– Wet weather is always difficult so I have to be fairly pleased with this performance. I took the beginning quite calmly and as planned I made faster times in the end, said Ajo
Settings have been found
for dry and wet track
It might rain in Le Mans also on Sunday. Ajo hopes of course dry weather but other option doesn´t worry the peaceful youngster.
– Settings have been found for both weathers, confirms Ajo.
The third free practice session of Moto3 class was hold on dry track before the qualifying session. Ajo was then 11th taking 1,2 seconds from the best time he made on Friday.
– It was also ok result because we should remember that I couldn´t do the first training on Friday at all due to technical problems.
For Le Mans Ajo has gotten last new parts for his bikes frame.
– They don´t really matter when it´s wet but I had time to test new parts at morning´s practice. Bike was a bit better but I didn´t feel a big difference compared to previous ones at least on this track. But we have moved forward again with the developing work of this bike, Ajo confirmed.
The pole position was taken by Spanish Maverick Vinales with his FTR Honda -bike with a time of 1.55,865. Vinales was unbeatable, he bet his country man Efren Vazquez who competes with similar bike by 0,982 seconds.
The third place on front row was taken by Portuguese Miguel Oliveira with Suter Honda. He was 1,249 seconds behind Vinales. Ajo was 2,268 seconds from pole position.
Championship leader German KTM-rider Sandro Cortese had a difficult qualifying but managed to fight himself sixth to the second row. Cortese was stuck long by the track and managed to ride only ten laps, eight less than Ajo. Cortese was 1,936 seconds from pole position.
MONSTER ENERGY GRAND PRIX DE FRANCE
Moto3 Qualifying Practice Classification:
1. Maverick Vinales Spain, Blusens Avintia, FTR Honda 1.55,865
2. Efren Vazquez Spain, JHK T-Shirt Laglisse, FTR Honda + 0,982
3. Miguel Oliveira Portugal, Estrella Galicia 0,0, Suter Honda + 1,249
4. Jakub Kornfeil Czech, Redox-Ongetta-Centro Seta, FTR Honda + 1,527
5. Alexis Masbou France, Caretta Technology, Honda + 1,808
6. Sandro Cortese Germany, Red Bull KTM Ajo, KTM + 1,936
7. Alberto Moncayo Spain, Bankia Aspar Team, Kalex KTM + 1,981
8. Hector Faubel Spain, Bankia Aspar Team, Kalex KTM + 2,034
9. Luis Salom Spain, RW Racing GP, Kalex KTM + 2,135
10. Zulfahmi Khairuddin Malaysia, AirAsia-Sic-Ajo, KTM + 2,268
11. Jonas Folger Germany, IodaRacing Project, Ioda + 2,439
12. Adrian Martin Spain, JHK T-Shirt Laglisse, FTR Honda + 2,450
13. Niklas Ajo Finland, TT Motion Events Racing, KTM + 2,698
14. Arthur Sissis Australia, Red Bull KTM Ajo, KTM + 2,705
15. Louis Rossi France, Racing Team Germany, FTR Honda + 2,711
16. Brad Binder South Africa, RW Racing GP, Kalex KTM + 2,725
17. Danny Kent Great Britain, Red Bull KTM Ajo, KTM + 2,808